Sunday, May 20, 2012

Home Made Air Dry Clay

Hello Friends, It's been a long time since I updated my blog. I wanted so much to share this simple project that I know some of you have tried or thinking about trying. I have been making my own air dry clay using cornstarch and PVC glue. I can say that I really like the result. Although, using air dry clay has some pros and cons. For one, air dry clay shrink about 30% of the actual size, so when making your projects you really have to consider making it a bit bigger. On the other side, this air dry clay is really durable as it gets drier so it is good on delicate designs such as petals and jewelries.  Using PVC white glue results in porcelain like finish. Here are some of the examples I made with air dry clay.












1 comment:

  1. I love your designs!! I'm trying to get into making jewelry and I want some of the beads to be clay and I love doing stuff like this! Thank you for giving some great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete