Tuesday, April 19, 2011

About translucent clay

Hi! I recently joined a forum about polymer clay. I was overwhelmed at how many great clay artists that are responsive and willing to help to anyone. I recently post a reply on translucent clay. I suggested on immersing it in ice water, (by the way, ice water here in our country means ice that are still in water form but cold enough) to make it more translucent. I learned this concept of immersing in ice cold water in some article I have read, and too bad I didn't save the article. I tried it anyway and I was happy with the result. Anyway, someone replied to my post and she gave me a wonderful insight to think about.  She said that immersing a hot clay in ice water may crack your pieces. She also said that there is no difference. I just want to say you might want to make a little experiment on that or consider the advice I receive from the forum.

3 comments:

  1. You do lovely and creative work. So glad that you discovered polymer clay! I look forward to seeing where your creative journey takes you and wish you much joy in your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment. I love your sunflower necklace, the colors you use on your work are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete